The Song in Pictures

The Song in Pictures:
A visual poetry edition of the Bhagavad-Gita
Koti Sreekrishna and Hari Ravikumar (Translation)
Anshuman Borah (Photography)

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words; the same can be said of a quotation, for it is a short sentence based on long years of experiences. So when quotes and pictures come together, they speak a millions words. The Song in Pictures is such an attempt; to put together poetry and picture, speaking a million words, hoping to inspire stillness and peace.

Here are some samples.
(Click on the pictures to see a larger size.)




Note: These are all sample designs and not the final versions.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/25/2011

    Dear Sir,

    After looking at the picture and reading the words contained, I request you to answer my one question either as a reply or as a separate post (separate post because, many others might have a similar question lurking in their minds).
    And my Question is, "What is Knowledge?"

    Hope your answer might throw some light on my quest on understanding "Knowledge".

    I thank you for your posts. I value them.

    -Hari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sir,

    Thanks for your comment. Are you asking me/us what my/our understanding of knowledge is? Or are you asking what the Bhagavad-Gita has to say about knowledge?

    Personally, I think that "knowledge" is organized information that leads us to a state of wisdom. Knowledge takes us from ignorance to light.

    The Bhagavad-Gita has many references to Knowledge, but I will quote one verse that you might find interesting:
    "Nothing is as pure as knowledge in this world. One who reaches perfection by yoga will eventually find it within." (4:38)

    Hope this answers your question to some extent.

    Warm regards,
    Hari Ravikumar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/28/2011

    Dear Sir,

    Thank you for your reply to my query. First of all, my apologies for not having clarity in my question.

    Yes, I was looking to understand what Gita explains 'Knowledge' to be, and of-course your interpretation of the same. Kindly, do not consider this to be my demand, this is my request in order to resolve my query.

    Thanks,
    -Hari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sir,
    Thanks for your comment. I think this topic will require a whole article. We will work on it soon. Stay tuned!
    Warm regards,
    Hari

    ReplyDelete